Committee will plan and implement the Biannual State FRID Conference. Offer opportunities to develop the knowledge, skills and competencies of interpreters through educational events. Promote participation in leadership opportunities to advance the profession and improve services.
- Collaborate with FAD to host a joint conference
- Assist the Board in developing, coordinating, and executing duties required to conduct a successful conference
- To recommend and establish subcommittees, for board approval in order to carry out the work required to achieve Conference Committee (CC) objectives
- To review applications and make recommendations to the board for conference staff
- Develop a conference budget and submit to Board for approval
- Develop a conference timeline and submit to Board for approval
- To make recommendations to the board regarding the overall success of the biannual conference
- To consider the geographic and demographic makeup of the membership during planning
- To review and propose updates to the CC portion of the Policies and Procedures Manual for Board approval
Good communication, organizational, time management, and effective delegation skills.
Attention to detail, ability to identify objectives and divide them into manageable tasks.
Ability to coordinate multiple projects; written and reporting skills; energetic; and committed.
- Conference Co-Chair - would work collaboratively with FAD's Conference Co-Chair. Co-Chairs are responsible for working out logistics of the conference (hotel/meeting space) and delegating tasks to the other committee members. Co-chair is responsible for general oversight and management of entire CC. Co-Chairs serve as liaisons between their respective Boards and the CC.
- Program Chair - responsible for all coordination with the presenters. Program Chair appoints a Program Committee to assist with reviewing workshop proposals and selecting presenters. Responsible for putting together the program schedule. Program Chair also responsible for presenters' contracts, invoices and hotel accommodations. Program Chair will report to Conference Co-Chairs and FRID Board.
- Interpreter Coordinator - responsible for coordinating the interpreting teams for the conference. Interpreter Coordinator will need to review interpreter applications and select qualified applicants. Interpreter Coordinator is responsible for interpreters' contracts, invoices and hotel accommodations.
- Support Staff Coordinator - responsible for coordinating volunteer staff to assist with conference operations. Support Staff Coordinator will need to review support staff applications and select the support staff team members. Support Staff Coordinator is responsible for putting together the coverage schedule and working out the details for the support staff's hotel accommodations.
- Sponsors Coordinator - responsible for coordinating all sponsorship of the conference. Sponsorship Coordinator will draft the sponsorship opportunities letter to be sent to the Board for approval. Will then coordinate with all interested sponsors and work out all details of the sponsorship to ensure they receive accommodations as outlined in the sponsorship letter. Also will work closely with Exhibitor Coordinator.
- Exhibitors Coordinator - responsible for coordinating all exhibitors at the conference. Will assist Sponsorship Coordinator with drafting the sponsorship opportunities letter to be sent to the Board for approval. Will then coordinate with all interested exhibitors and work out all details to ensure they receive accommodations as outlined in the sponsorship letter. Also will work closely with Sponsorship Coordinator
Number of members: Chair, plus 5
Haley Tanner (BA, NIC, EIPA) has worked as an interpreter in a variety of settings since 2014. She received a Bachelors in Communication Science and Disorders with a concentration in Interpreting from USF in 2015. She is currently working as a post secondary interpreter, independent contractor, and VRS interpreter in the greater Tampa Bay Area. In her spare time she enjoys crafting, spending time with friends, and being with her fiancé and dog!
Nicole Bihlmayer, 2nd Vice-President
Click here to submit an application (member login required)